Here in the BroadSoft contact center Blog, we’ve posted many times on the what, why, when, and how of omnichannel and unified communications in the contact center. On the BroadSoft Beat blog, we just posted a customer success story on integrated omnichannel and unified communications in the contact center: Unified Contact Center Communications Brings Increased Collaboration and Productivity.
It’s about MISS DIG 811, a free service in Michigan that safeguards utility facilities before excavation projects. In the blog we examine the challenges they experienced before the Cisco© Customer Journey Platform and the benefits they received after implementing.
The Challenges Before
- An old voice-only call center system
- Callers being routed to the first available person, regardless of the caller’s need or agent’s knowledge
- No way to know if transferred calls were going to be answered or end up in another queue or voice mail
- No integration between their call center system and their CRM
- A system that couldn’t differentiate between first-time callers and repeat callers
The Benefits After
- Increased agility, collaboration, and productivity for agents and managers
- Intelligent routing and reduced costs
- Better customer service and analytics
So we encourage you to:
- Read the MISS DIG Blog Unified Contact Center Communications Brings Increased Collaboration and Productivity
- View the video MISS DIG 811 and BroadSoft CC-One
- Read the complete case study